Monday, August 19, 2013

27/338: Annual credit reports

I did it. I called to get my free annual credit report from all three credit reporting companies.

My gut is in knots, but I also feel a bit relieved. The only thing that will be more difficult than sending away for my reports is actually reading the reports. I will need to buy some wine and visit this site early and often to post my fear and anxiety.

This is tough for me. I no longer want to be so ignorant of my financial picture, and I want my issues to be shown the light of day. It's almost one of those "gotta hold someone's hand" moments.

I may have to call a friend when that day comes. And I guess there's always a Tuesday night DA meeting waiting for me if I need it.

Today, after I publish this very post, I will go back to my original posts and "check off" that I've sent away for my reports. I have two to three weeks to sweat it out until I force myself to tear open the envelope(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment