Tuesday, August 13, 2013

21/344: Only three weeks?

It seems like I've been whining on this blog for months, but only 21 days? Here I go again...

First, the bad news:
  1. I need to look at my credit report, and I'm dreading it.
  2. I need to discuss buying or leasing a newer car with a dealer, and I'm dreading that, too.
  3. I know that I'll have to make a car choice, and if my choice isn't a Ford, then my dad will make me feel awful. Yep, dread is ensuing as I type this.
  4. I'm worried about how I'm going to stretch my cash this week and next if I don't make more hours and more tips at Skinny's. So far, Monday was a bust. 
  5. Except for the fact that I always feel like my clothes are feeling tighter, and today is no exception, that's all the major money bad news for now.

Now, the good news. It's always better to end on a high note:
  1. Checking account, still in the black! Check!
  2. No surprise debits or emergency expenses have occurred this week, so that's good.
  3. Kids haven't begged to go shopping for school supplies yet, so yay for me.
  4. I've been enjoying feeling like a small part of a larger Google community. I've joined a couple of personal finance groups, and people have responded to me about my blog. That feels good. 
  5. When I finish here, I plan to ask a Google community person if having sub prime credit is a life long sentence, or is there hope for me?
  6. And finally, my children and I have been enjoying our last two weeks of summer freedom with high spirits, minimal insults and injuries, and good humor. I'm lucky.

1 comment:

  1. A recent follower to the blog. I look forward to following your story.

    ReplyDelete