Sunday, August 4, 2013

12:353: iTunes

I caved in to a need to be entertained. I only had $10 in my checking account, but I went onto iTunes to download one episode of season 3 Louie. I really wanted to see the episode with Maria Bamford and Parker Posey, so I spent $3, and now I'm down to $7 in my account, $5 cash in my wallet, a $20 bill that I hope to save in a jar on top of my dresser, and no credit.

It's important that as I write about my feelings about not having money, I have to also examine my feelings associated with spending money. What goes through my mind before I decide to spend the little that I do have?

Question: What makes you spend the way you do?

I have to admit that I didn't make a good choice today. As much as I love the show, I have to say "no" to myself when I feel the need to impulse shop, even though it was only three dollars. If I say "no" to the kids as often as I do, then I have to do the same for myself. I can read a good book or just listen to music if my favorite show is going to cost money.

With the kids away at camp starting tomorrow, I have to figure out a way to keep my money in tact for only an emergency gallon of gas or milk. I have $12, so I'd better just buck up and face the music.

I wish I had another episode to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment