Thursday, August 8, 2013

16/349: By the skin of my teeth

...I will just "get by" for the next two weeks. That's not a bad thing. I'm feeling triumphant and effective in sticking with my budget this week. As of today, the good news includes the following:

  1. Tomorrow is payday! Yay!
  2. My checking account is in the black! No overdrafts this time! It's the little things that make me happy.
  3. My boss at Skinny's asked me to work two shifts next week. With an earning average of $15 per hour, hopefully I'll rake in between $60-$75.
  4. I've got $20 cash and some change in my wallet right now.
  5. I have $66.00 in my savings jar as of today. 
  6. The collection agency that is helping me to pay my student loan called today. They reminded me that since I've successfully paid my bill nine consecutive months, I will not only qualify to leave the agency and return directly to the loan lender, but will also have $10,400 in charges and fees dropped in September. I am so proud of myself for biting the bullet and chipping away at this damn student loan!
After paying all of my planned bills tomorrow, I'll have $123.57 left to use for gas, groceries, maybe some initial school supplies, and other incidentals. This is going to be a challenge, but after this successful week, I'm up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment