Tuesday, July 30, 2013

7/358: I hate morning robo calls

Last night, I stayed up until about 2:00 am to watch a few episodes of season one "Louie". Yup, I'm hooked.

Early this morning, I was awakened by a robo phone call from a credit card company of a card I had forgotten about last week while writing my list of debts. I owe $540. The card has been closed for two months. I'm two payments past due. The monotone, robo representative is asking me if I can pay the entire balance now, or just the minimum payment of $100. No and no.

I hate BOTH of these situations: owing a past due amount, and being awakened by a robo call. It's just so shitty to start my day like this (I think I'm starting to sound like C.K.), especially after yesterday's good events.

I pressed "2" to answer "no" to the question, "Are you able to make a payment now?" If I was able to make any kind of payment, I would have done it in the first place.

I'm mad at "them", the credit card bastards, but I acknowledge that I'm projecting the anger that I actually feel toward myself. It's still my fault, I take the blame, but I hate being reminded of my inability to pay, of being broke. In the morning. While I'm trying to sleep.

Please call as at your earliest convenience at 1-800-IT-SUCKS.

So, today I'll call this particular card company back, discuss a payment arrangement with a real live person, and then include the payment amount on my Debt List on my cell phone list so that I can keep better track of it.

On the bright side, paying back $540 seems to have an earlier completion date. By paying $45 for the next twelve months, I'll be all done with it, so I've got that celebration to look forward to.

Today is Tuesday, the night of the closest Debtors Anonymous meeting. I'd think more about going tonight, but I've got a two hour shift at Skinny's, and there is no way I'd give up the opportunity to make tip money. It's just unbelievable that a professional with a master's degree has to think about these things. I've put myself here, and I can only be the one to get me out of this stupid hole.

I need another mug of caffeine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment