Sunday, September 1, 2013

40/325: Change

I looked out my living room window this Sunday morning, and saw my neighbors across the street loading a pickup truck. Their younger son was moving out. He had just graduated from high school and would be the last of their kids to leave home. Their older daughter recently graduated from college, got married, and had her first baby all within this last year.

Wow, that is one heaping pile of change! I can't imagine being a parent expected to navigate that much coming and going of my kids, but I know that my time will come.

For me, change comes in the shape of better financial decision making. Since I began this blog, I've turned a corner on making my financial situation a bit better:

1. I now check my checking account balance every day
2. I pay all of my bills early or on time
3. I have looked at all three of my credit reports
4. I now know my credit score and have examined ways to improve it this year
5. I have become more comfortable saying "no" to expenses that can wait
6. I've actively researched affordable, yet reliable preowned cars
7. I have taken up a part time job to help fill in the cash gaps that come
8. I've taken active steps to begin an emergency fund
9. I've become more honest with my family and friends about my financial limitations without being needy
10. I feel hopeful and in control of my finances

Change can be good.

2 comments:

  1. All good steps, and absolutely essential, to get on the right path. Excellent work, Kirsten. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support, James!

    ReplyDelete