Saturday, September 28, 2013

67/298: Sleeping well these days

I haven't written in nearly three weeks because school has started. I'm a high school teacher that is also raising two kids on her own, so minutes are tight. My budget is tight, too, but for two months now, I'm more in tune with my spending and debt paying than ever before.

As of today, I've got only one more payment left on a Citibank Visa which at one point had a balance of $6,000. On top of that, I have only seven months more of credit counseling which has been helping me to pay off nearly $40,000 of credit card debt that my ex-husband and I accumulated before and during our marriage. After April of 2014, I will have paid that entire amount off! Close to $46,000 paid off by April!

I am proud of myself for sticking with my budgeting and watching every penny between paychecks. I still check what's in my bank account every morning when I wake up, and that has given me a sense of control and ultimately freedom which I haven't felt in a very long time.

I feel like I've really grown up.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kirsten and keep doing the things you know will lead to greater financial security for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete